Iconic Character Revived!
The Adelholzener sub-brand Primella has been brought back to life with some special attention to detail. The resulting packaging design shows a perfect combination of tradition and fresh naturalness.
Back to the roots! The name already existed, but the sub-brand design is new and demonstrates how a retro look can be interpreted in a charming, contemporary way.
The evocative Primella name is reminiscent of Saint Primus, who according to legend discovered the spa water spring in Bad Adelholzen, Germany more than 1700 years ago. The intention was to reactivate the Primella lemonade sub-brand almost two decades after it was last seen on the market – as a family lemonade brand, promising quality while standing for special moments of lemonade enjoyment.
The brief for the two varieties, orange and lemon, was to adopt the evocative name, but not the old label design. Hajok’s task was to create a packaging design that appeals to a very broad target group, exuding quality and tradition while presenting Primella as the ideal drink for the whole family.
The colours, the retro-looking font, combined with fine illustrations and decorative banderole elements open up a sunny world with a fresh and natural style. The Hajok design team has given the Primella name a new face and showed that retro and modern style can form a perfect symbiosis. The revived lemonade brand has iconic character and the packaging design appeals to lemonade fans young and old, with its authentic handcrafted style.
- Agency/Creative: HAJOK Design
- Article Title: Hajok Creates Label Design for Primella
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Germany
- Agency/Creative City: Hamburg
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: packaging design, Hajok design, adelholzener, primella, Verpackungsdesign, beverage design, beverage packaging
Packaging Design Agency: HAJOK Design