GoodFor – Wholefoods Refillery Identity and Packaging Created by Marx Design
GoodFor™ is a wholefoods refillery in Ponsonby, Auckland where you scoop and weigh your own goods and bringing your own packaging is encouraged. The company’s vision is to make sustainable shopping easier by eliminating plastic packaging in store as well as the promise of planting a tree for every purchase made.
Embracing the ethos of reduction, we developed a uncomplicated and effective brand language that allows for quick and clear communication with as little resource and cost as possible. As a start-up breaking in a new category, education on what they do and believe in is paramount to their success. To achieve this we developed a graphic style that could be used to take an almost protest-like stance on waste as well as highlight the quality of their produce and nature of their service.
All tied together with just the right amount of humour thanks to the copywriting prowess of Kate Phillips at Citizen, GoodFor is a brand that has enjoyed almost immediate success (not to mention a healthy Instagram following), not only by what they’re doing, but how they’re doing it.
- Design Agency: Marx Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: GoodFor – Wholefoods Refillery Identity and Packaging Created by Marx Design
- Brand / Project Name: GoodFor, Wholefoods Refillery
- External Design Credits: Marx Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Structural Design, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Advertising, Brand Experience, Retail Brand Design, Industrial Design
- Location: New Zealand
- Market Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Bottle, Jar, Tag
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Fabric, Glass Bottle, Wood
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage