Good Wine That Doesn’t Cost The Earth
When WCN_ started working with Banrock Station, we felt it was critical to amplify the unique elements that exist in one of Australia’s finest conservation areas. We wanted to help the South Australian vineyard tell its story, showcasing rare flora and fauna from the region to convey its commitment to the environment.
We wanted to hero the endangered Blue Mallee tree, as well as a number of species from the wetlands, such as the spiny daisy and Murray River turtle. By highlighting these endangered species the brand is aiming to connect with a socially conscious audience and tell the story of the winery’s conservation work.
We used the identity to encapsulate the ethos and a simple brand architecture which could flex across the entire portfolio of different offers and varietals. The rich stories relating to the unique species found in the area is then relayed across the back labels, cases, and supporting brand collateral.
- Design Agency: WhatCameNext_
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Good Wine That Doesn’t Cost The Earth
- Brand / Project Name: Banrock Station Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box, Case
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Pulp Carton