Good Gold Wanted to Make Something Beautiful, Meaningful and Environmentally Friendly
Good Gold believes in creating simple rings that emphasise the natural beauty of gold. Working beside the ocean in Nelson, Good Gold studio jewellers take their time making sure the feel of each ring is just right, passing them back and forth to make sure the inside curve is perfect and the finish is smooth and comfortable. These details really matter when you’re making a ring that someone will wear every day.
With that said, Good Gold wanted to make something beautiful, meaningful and environmentally friendly for their rings when they create a pair. Of course, rings come in different sizes, so we developed a pretty simple insert to accommodate this; a stacked, E Flute pad that has the largest & deepest ring cut-outs centralised. This sits at the top of the pack, so even when there are smaller, less deep rings placed in – there’s a minimum ‘jump around’ factor and they still present as and where intended. This is then all packaged up with a wonderful book-style pack that was designed to be treasured as a keepsake… After all, the material chosen for this pack is G . F Smith’s, Extract Range, in the colour shell. Five used paper cups creates one beautiful sheet of 380gsm paper, so after all of that pioneering effort, we wouldn’t want it just thrown away now would we.
- Design Agency: Think Packaging
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Good Gold Wanted to Make Something Beautiful, Meaningful and Environmentally Friendly
- Brand / Project Name: Good Gold. Ring Packaging
- External Design Credits: Brand, graphics & artwork: Jarred Bishop, Output. (https://output.studio/) Final photography: Lumiere. (https://www.lumiere.nz/) With thanks to & copyright © Good Gold
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Structural Design
- Location: New Zealand
- Market Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Fashion, Health & Beauty
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Board, Pulp Paper