Dusadee Lamkijja, Chanwut Hothai – Golden Dragon Thai Mooncake
“Golden Dragon” is an original mooncake brand in Thailand.
Golden Dragon is a sub brand of S&P Syndicate Public Co., Ltd.
In mid-autumn festival of Thailand. Golden Dragon would like to present concept “THAI MOONCAKE” by combination Thai original art and Chinese original art together. Simply and minimal style to be different from competitors in the market. To expand target group from 40+up age to 25+up. By the same concept have 2 types of packaging. Metal box for original mooncake and paper box for mini mooncake. Used Chinese auspicious symbols chicken and rabbit for key visual. Used red color for all design to make an impact and red color is a chinese auspicious color.
Metal box Concept : 2 designed, chicken and grasshopper + rabbit and moon. Created Ancient Thai pattern fill in chicken and rabbit. By pick up pattern from original Thai art temple wall painting, some pattern from pagoda ceramic decorating. Collage all pattern together. Illustration by oil colors hand painting on canvas.
Paper box : Also 2 designed, chicken + rabbit. By created an outline of Chinese folk cut-paper and designed cutting Ancient Thai pattern inside. Illustration by hand drawn. Printing hot stamp gold color on red background.
All of 2 Types of Boxes can be recycle or used for kepping stuff.
- Design Agency: Dusadee Lamkijja
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Dusadee Lamkijja, Chanwut Hothai – Golden Dragon Thai Mooncake
- Brand / Project Name: Golden Dragon by S&P
- External Design Credits: Designer : Dusadee Lamkijja, Co Designer : Chanwut Hothai, Illustrator : Chanwut Hothai
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Location: Thailand
- Market Country: Thailand
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Bakery
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Pulp Board