Giving It Heart and Soul
Once renowned for its bright blue colour and big red T, Tegel had become a brand of many different looks across both packaging and the brand mark itself. Our job was to strengthen the logo and redefine the Tegel blue – an intrinsic characteristic that we couldn’t shy away from.
We re-ignited Tegel’s brand by giving it a heart and soul, through a dynamic family look that could stretch across 240+ SKUs nationally as well as an extensive export portfolio. The design needed enough flexibility that it could target different need states across every category.
- Design Agency: Tried&True Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Giving It Heart and Soul
- Brand / Project Name: Tegel Rebrand
- External Design Credits: Photographer Aaron Mclean, Illustrators Alice Pattullo, Debbie Powell
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Product Architecture, Tone of Voice, Product Naming, Design Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: New Zealand
- Market Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Blister-Pack, Box, Case, Flow-Pack, Pouch, Sleeve, Tray, Wrap
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, Pulp Board, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper