Gallery Inside the Park and Park Inside the Gallery
Client ➞ An outdoor art museum in the United States (Frisco, Texas), with a specific focus on murals. The name of the project is the Mural Art Park. The client wants to bring the world’s top muralist into a 1-acre park surrounded by walls of different dimensions for the entire world to visit and enjoy.
Challenge ➞ This is a place where art and recreation meet. It’s a mural art gallery inside a park. The challenge was to make the branding for it feel inclusive, welcoming, flexible and most of all entertaining.
Logo ➞ Our proposal was a stretched M because it wants to give space for anything to start happening. This logo gimmick wants to collect many diverse styles, messages, and themes. It will always change depending on the layouts and what is communicating. When stretching the logo we realized that we can also add more relative facts, dates & texts inside it. Because everything happens inside this park, then all can exist inside the logo. After expanding the M, we also played with it by twisting the angles and thus making it more dynamic and vibrant.
Challenge ➞ We had to make a new format of the space for exposing and exploring the art – a gallery inside the park and a park inside the gallery. The compilation of these two spaces extends the borders of the usual art-space, making it go outside the exhibition hall and reach out to nature. Here the freedom of an open space meets the freedom of creativity.
Concept ➞ MAP design is built upon a contrast between its outer and inner space. If we were to compare its architecture with a human, the exterior would be the skin with its long plane white walls. But the inner space would become the soul and the spirit. It is a storm of emotions and thoughts – a vivid space featuring this never-ending search of the meanings and answers, shapes and forms in contemporary art.
Overall Design ➞ The park contains about 30 walls for the murals and a lot of park space to expose sculptural pieces and art installations. At the same time, it features various amenities for comfortable and joyful pastime whether it is a walk in the park, a group meeting for some creative activity, an art fair or a festival. Space contains all possibilities for holding these events.
- Design Agency: Brandon Archibald
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Gallery Inside the Park and Park Inside the Gallery
- Brand / Project Name: Mural Art Park
- External Design Credits: Creative Directors – Boris Alexandrov & Anna Alexandrova, Project Manager – Daria Svidchenko, Art Director – Pose Radu & Anton Storozhev, Copywriter – Dimitry Panasiuk, Graphic Designers – Aleksandra Gerasymenko & Alexander Osipenko, Illustrator – Alexander Osipenko, Architects – Anna Alexandrova, Sergey Makuhovskiy, Elena Guryeva, 3D Visualization – Sergey Makuhovskiy & Alexander Gusarev
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines
- Service Brand Application: Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Packaging, Presentation, Print Stationery, Signage, Spatial Exterior, Spatial Interior
- Location: Ukraine
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Keywords: Architecture, Branding, Identity, Logo, Interior Design, Park, Mural, Packaging Design, Merchandise, Installation
- Industry Category: Entertainment