Gluemasters is a famous high quality quality glue in the US market.
After completing the rebranding for Gluemasters, the company approached us to create a new brand for the European market.
Our challenge was to create a brand name that is easy to pronounce in that market; a brand concept; and a packaging design that reveals the power of the product and its right positioning in the market.
Target audience: People who use glue for household projects and repairs, arts & crafts, and for their professional hobbies, or simply people who want to express their imagination.
What does glue have in common with gravity? How is it possible to show the functionality of glue through gravity?
We emphasized the strong formula of the glue and drew a parallel between two things: gravity and glue. The concept is based on the law of physics, mostly the force of attraction. Taking into consideration that force, a brand name Gravix has been created.
It consists of two words (gravity and fix). On the label design, there are 2 objects that are connected to each other. By changing the forms, we got adhesives of different viscosities (thin, thick, medium).
There are four products, three adhesives and a debonder (a product used to remove the glue). Kept in white bottles and following a similar aesthetic style, we customized each product’s label design.
The overlapping forms are used to give clues about the product’s percentage of fluidity — the rounder the wetter, the pointer the denser.
Besides adhesives, there is a debonder (an adhesive remover) in the product line. However, the debonder bottle’s design “defies” gravity, with the two separated shapes suggesting a powerless force of attraction.
- Agency/Creative: Formascope Agency
- Article Title: Functionality Through Gravity, Gravix Glue Packaging and Brand Design by Formascope Agency
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Armenia
- Agency/Creative City: Yerevan
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 3D Modelling, 3D Motion, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Design, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Keywords: WBDS Agency Design Awards 2022/23
Creative Director: Armenak Grigoryan
Art Director: Karen Gevorgyan
Brand Name, Positioning Strategy: Ani Gevorgyan
Graphic Designers: Armine Petrosyan, Lusine Mardanyan
3D Visualisation, Modelling: Pavel Gubin
3D Motion Designer, Modelling: Vladimir Politov
2D Motion Designer: Lilit Avetisyan
Sound Designer: Alexander Ananyan