The BIGA (“Biga” means sourdough in Italian) chain started out as a small bakery in Israel and has become a well-known chain of coffee shops and bakery.
The brand values are quality ingredients, meticulous processes and the bakers’ love for their art, which result in a unique flavour. We conveyed the joy of baking and manual handling of the dough through an experiential visual language of illustrations taken from the world of baking and bread making.
At the same time, it was important to preserve the values of simplicity and good taste and to convey the meticulousness of the baker’s work and his great passion for pastries and baking.
the design process included creating a new graphic language made of abstract shapes and classic typography
- Agency/Creative: michal suday design group
- Article Title: Fresh Rebranding for BIGA Chain of Israeli Coffee Shops
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Israel
- Market Region: Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Rebranding
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: branding, design, packaging