Freebird is a Riesling wine made by Henry of Pelham winery in Ontario, Canada.
The idea of this label is based on the association of a bird, and its ability to fly, with human freedom. We believe that if you are free you have the possibility to unleash your own full potential as a human being. That is why, through this wine, we seek to transmit the values of total liberation, without ties, to be who we really are.
The label has silkscreen printing, hot foil stamping and full-color printing.
About the winery:
They named the Ontario winery Henry of Pelham after his great-great-great grandpa’s son, Henry, who they think had a dry sense of humor, nicknamed himself “Henry of Pelham” after a British Prime Minister. He was quite the entrepreneur, building an inn and tavern on the property and operating a toll road. He raised sheep. And grew grapes—some of the first to be planted in Canada. Our tasting room and wine store are in Henry’s carriage house.
In 1984, when their parents decided to replace Henry’s concord and Niagara grapevines with old-world vinifera grapes, the Niagara wine scene hardly existed and there were a lot of naysayers—but we had done our homework. Heat scans proved they had the right conditions, and we bettered our chances by contouring the hills and installing drainage. At the time, we were one of only a few Niagara wineries to make premium wines from our own grapes.
Henry of Pelham’s 300-acre vineyard is located in the Short Hills Bench
sub-appellation of the Niagara Peninsula.
The Short Hills Bench is the most easterly of the sub-appellations located within the Niagara Escarpment. It encompasses the land rising up from the plain of the peninsula south of Regional Road 81 to the Escarpment Brow and situated between Twelve Mile Creek and Fifteen Mile Creek.
- Agency/Creative: Jacomy Mayne
- Article Title: Freebird a Freedom of Speech Wine
- Organisation/Entity: In-House
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Argentina
- Agency/Creative City: Mendoza
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Illustration, Label Design, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: wine, label design, white wine, free, bird, freedom, packaging design, riesling, riesling wine, woman, feel free
Creative Director: Roy Mayne
Account Director: Andres Jacomy
Designer: Roy Mayne