LOUM Beauty of Calm, the new premium skincare brand which launched online with US promotion this summer – is arriving in the UK and will be sold online exclusively by Cult Beauty from 14 December. Free The Birds, the design branding agency, created the serene visual identity for the clean beauty brand.
A clean, plant-based range, LOUM was developed with a leading Psycho-Dermatologist (an expert in the mind-skin connection) and is clinically tested to dial down and reverse the effects of stress on the skin. Free The Birds brought Loum’s ‘science of calm’ proposition to life and created a full-suite brand identity and visual world. The design team worked with a semiotician to develop the brand’s peaceful colourways and calming gradients – visual cues that are proven to promote serenity – while the Loum logo is built on balance and airy spaces. The overall feel gives LOUM standout while being restful and gentle.
LOUM Beauty of Calm was created by the team at Present Life, a new company, founded by former Coty CEO Camillo Pane; dedicated to creating high-performance, zero-compromise, natural self-care products.
Kat Bryce, Global Brand VP, Loum Beauty of Calm, said: “Free the Birds took on a unique and challenging brief – how could we create a brand organically rooted in the science of calm, from its ethos to its brand identity and execution. Their strategic and thoughtful approach helped us not only define the brand’s visual identity but create a world of calm that is not only beautiful but feels much needed in these uncertain times.”
Nick Vaus, partner and creative director of Free The Birds, commented: “Working on a project like this has been such a beacon of light for us. It was a fantastic brief, allowing a truly holistic approach which went so far beyond packaging and a logo design, effectively giving birth to a DTC brand – and one which feels particularly timely.”
- Agency/Creative: Free The Birds
- Article Title: Free The Bird Create Branding for Loum Clean Beauty That Has Just Launches in UK
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: Brand World, Branding, Beauty of Calm, Clean Skincare brand, Beauty