Thyge Foss, better known as Fossman, was a Canadian botanist and explorer. He disappeared under unknown circumstances during an expedition to find new species, in the deep unexplored jungle of Paraguay. Some of his belongings, notes, recipes, and research were found near Arroyos, Esteros. He has never been seen again, but the story tells that now he lives through the plants.
The main illustration is a yerba mate terrarium which creates an optical illusion where Fossman comes to life. The logo is custom lettering with organic serifs and terminals inspired by the popular graphics of Paraguay and its native flora. The product is made of organic locals ingredients, it’s fair trade certified and the distillery gets its power from burning the used sugar canes. The objective of the brief was to convey the concepts: organic, botanical and high-end. It should be a tribute to Paraguay and be full of details.
- Agency/Creative: Manuele Mancini Studio
- Article Title: Fossman Type, Illustration and Packaging Label Design by Manuele Mancini Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Argentina
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Architecture
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic