Forward Design Studio Redesign for Danish Audio News App
Listen to News is an app that collects audio news from all of Denmark’s biggest broadcasters. Currently only available in Denmark, but the ambitions is to scale to business abroad as soon as possible. Note: You are not able to read news in the app. All the news clips are created by the media themselves. They upload to our platform (app) to make them available for the users. A key feature is that you can skip news clips you are not interested in. E.g. if you don’t like Sport or you’re not interested in Donald Trump, you can just skip the news and move on to the next on. That way you are also letting our AI-bot know what you prefer. Usually news clips are somewhere between 20-60 seconds long. Furthermore we offer the users Stories and Perspective on current affairs.
Challenge: When Christian Grønlund, CEO Listen to news came to us, the news app was getting a makeover and interface improvements. The service is offered in the Danish language but the ambition is to scale for business abroad and also offer news in English. As the business was restructuring its strategy and positioning, the old logo and identity no longer represented the platform and the new positioning that was being defined. We work on the redesign and the new brand identity.
Strategy: We brought to the surface the attributes and defined the purpose of the brand, with a helpful tone of voice we want to offer perspective and ease for people to stay informed. We want to provide perspective and we want to make it easy. It should be easy to listen to news and be enlightened.
We focus on a solution that will make it easy for people on the go to stay up to date. Press play within a few seconds of opening the app and then you are live – listening to news of your interest. We believe in transparency. We believe in simplicity. We believe in responsibility.
Solution: Based on the new brand strategy and positioning, we redesigned it to best represent the new brand idea. A visual identity with simplicity, clean and timeless look for a very wide target audience that consumes news. Graphics that are inspired by the idea of generating a sound experience for listeners in a practical and intuitive way, perfect for people who are on the go, press play and listen to the news of your interest anywhere.
A palette of harmonious colors along with the pictograms will be used in the classification of news categories.
- Design Agency: Forward Design Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Forward Design Studio Redesign for Danish Audio News App
- Brand / Project Name: Listen to news app Redesign
- External Design Credits: 3d artist Gustavo Lacerda
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising, Rebranding
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Mobile App, Outdoor Media, Presentation, Print Stationery, Social Media, Website, Digital Advertising
- Location: Brazil
- Market Country: Denmark
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: brand identity, redesign, brand strategy, tech, startup, app, denmark, minimal, clean, branding, corporate identity