Set within the incredible landscape of Strathdon, The Lonach Hotel is being developed on the site of the old Colquhonnie House Hotel. When finished, it will provide the area and those visiting with a modern take on traditional Scottish hospitality.
The first stage of the project was the launch of The Steading bar in June 2019, which not only provides a glimpse of what’s to come with the full development but also provides the locals with an authentic, family pub that can become a crucial hub for this rural community.
We took influence from the surrounding area and material to create a custom typeface based on an old classic – ‘Big Caslon’. This built the foundation of the Lonach identity, which we then adapted to create the logo for The Steading.
- Agency/Creative: FortyTwo Studio
- Article Title: FortyTwo Studio Restaurant, Bar and Hotel Brand Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Branding, brand strategy, hospitality brand, web design, typography, identity, graphic design, digital design, art direction, pub, hotel, restaurant