Flannel Flowers, an Australian native wildflower are named for their soft, velvety feel. They grow along the east coast of Australia, following the Great Dividing Range. Over 300 million years old, the Great Dividing Range produces some of Australia’s most diverse flora, including the Flannel Flower.
The brief was to achieve harmony and range connection across the multiple types of packs and substrates. With hero ingredient being the phyto-actives of Flannel Flower, the packaging highlights the sage green of its leaves as the signature colour to highlight the white flowers. The ‘velvety’ feel is imbued with the ultra matte and soft touch finishes on the bottles and tubes. The boxes feature embossing and gloss highlights on the outside and when opened reveal petal shaped flap folds.
A luscious bodycare range for the skin, hands and body formulated to nourish and rejuvenate the skin whilst targeting sun damage, pigmentation and signs of ageing. And for the home and bath, the diffuser, soy candle and fragrance spray feature a fragrance designed by Australian artisan perfumers. The aroma bursts of flannel flower with a seductive heart of magnolia, revitalising cucumber and lemon on a warm, sensual vanilla base.
Aromatic salt crystals are harvested from the five-million-year-old Lake Deborah in Western Australia. The luxuriously fragranced bath salts are blended with flannel flower, organic chamomile and white Australian Kaolin clay, to relax and rejuvenate the body. These and the diffuser are packaged in contemporary proprietary ribbed glassware with metallic lids.
Products are Vegan Friendly and free from all Parabens, Sulphates, Mineral Oils and Artificial Colourants.
*Actinotus helianthi (Flannel Flower) is a genus of flowering plants, with actinotus meaning ‘furnished with rays’. As one of the world’s most beautiful wildflowers, these fragrant natives contain medicinal benefits making it a creation of brilliance from mother nature. Its phyto-actives help to penetrate the skin to deliver hydration and increase elasticity whilst reducing the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Agency/Creative: Harcus Design
- Article Title: Flannel Flower Skincare Packaging by Harcus Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Agency/Creative City: Sydney
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Advertising Photography, Beauty Photography, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Creative Direction, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle, Box, Jar, Pouch, Tin
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Glass Jar, Metal, Plastic, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: flannel flower, skincare, beauty care, australian product, maine beach, harcus design, harcus, packaging design, skin care, Australian flora, Australian flower
Designer: Galima Akhmetzyanova
Creative Director: Annette Harcus
Photographer: Stephen Clarke