Fifty Years, Fifty Bottles and Fifty Personal Invite and Exclusive Membership Packs for Glenrothes Distillery
Glenrothes Distillery, located in the heart of Speyside, have released a special edition 50-year-old whisky of which there are only 50 bottles available for sale.
The Glenrothes 50-year-old whisky comes with a membership which grants exclusive access for the 50 buyers to the Glenrothes Distillery itself, which is currently not open to the public.
Form Digital were commissioned to create a membership pack featuring a special book about the distillery along with personal invites and exclusive membership cards which would accompany each bottle of the 50-year-old whisky. In collaboration with the Studio Edrington team, the concept was designed around creating a special experience that reflects the significance of opening the distillery doors for the very first time. Fifty years. Fifty Bottles. Fifty Members.
When designing the accompanying materials to go with the special edition Glenrothes 50-year-old whisky, the concept was to recreate a sensory experience that reflects the opening of the distillery doors for the very first time to the 50 exclusive members.
The sense of opening starts with the sliding of the copper-foiled, Morocco Leather embossed outer protective sleeve in the direction of the copper line to reveal the delicate debossed, Black Truffle inner pack.
The outer leaves which are held closed using hidden magnets, open up to reveal a hand-signed letter along with the copper line standing front and centre, a crack in the door presenting the first glimpse of the Glenrothes Distillery experience.
Deeper within the pack hides a uniquely numbered copper membership card, hand-gilded with copper leaf on a black satin metal card, along with an exclusive invitation designed with 4-sided location cuts to reflect the shape of the whisky box.
Lastly, you find the Glenrothes book, designed and created to be part of this opening experience yet stands along as a beautifully crafted and unique printed piece.
Once everything is removed you noticed that the inside is lined with a soft touch internal paper, protecting these delicately crafted items for years to come.
The book features the copper line which is detailed throughout the other items within the membership pack, representing the crack of the distillery doors opening for the first time.
The internal pages of the book are French folds with hidden images printed in metallic copper, providing readers slight and subtle glimpses between the pages and creating a copper glow within the folds which also mimics the crack in the door of the distillery.
- Design Agency: Form Digital
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Fifty Years, Fifty Bottles and Fifty Personal Invite and Exclusive Membership Packs for Glenrothes Distillery
- Brand / Project Name: Glenrothes 50 year old book
- External Design Credits: Studio Edrington, Jonathan Addie, Rich Watson.
- Production Credits: Studio Edrington, Mckenzie Print, Form Digital
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand World, Commemoration of 50 years.
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Studio Edrington, Form Digital
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Sleeve, Copper
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Pulp Paper