Yellow Studio is an alternative art gallery, artist and creative residency, co-working space and social and educational community for woman based in New York. It is centered on community-building amongst women through the exchange of ideas, display of art and opportunities for creative expression and learning. That is why the tag line is called “women . art . ideas”.
For this project our priority was to create a feminine yet a modern and a strong identity representing studio’s goals. Thus we used a modern contrasted san serif font for the logo and combined it with an italic feminine tagline font. They worked well together. Also we created a set of rounded shapes as a complimentary to the branding. These graphic shapes helped a lot in terms of presenting the artistic and fun side of the Yellow Studio. The color palette includes both bright and pastel colors. We tried to emphasize yellow tones a bit more since the name refers it. However didn’t forced it too much so that branding would looked lively, feminine and powerful. As project deliverables we designed collaterals ( business cards, letterhead, tote bag, information cards, signage etc.), social media elements and website pages. Website includes different features like membership, events, booking, exhibitions and shop.
Overall it was a very comprehensive project that we are proud to be involved in. Designing for a brand that supports women and art is very exciting for us. Hope you enjoy this project as much as we do!
- Agency/Creative: Salt and Sugar Creative Studio
- Article Title: Feminine and Modern Branding for Yellow Studio NY
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Turkey
- Agency/Creative City: Istanbul
- Market Region: North America, South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Graphic Design, Illustration, Logo Design, Web Design
- Industry: Public Utility
- Keywords: yellow studio, co-working space, women, branding, brand design, web design, work rooms, creative, social media design, presentation design
Brand Designer: Pelin Maravent
Brand Designer: Gülşah Cansever