I was asked to create a brand identity for a family-owned craft brewery named Bogart Brewery. Their brief was to create a unique, modern-looking and original brand identity and beer labels for three of their main beers.
While designing a brand for a brewery and beer labels is not my strongest suit, I was very much inspired by vintage typography and vintage badges, which I crave in other designers’ work.
I thought that blending vintage and old-school design aspects with more modern ones is never a bad idea if the design is solid, effective and still comprehensible.
I started working on the identity and creating illustrations to set the tone for the brand.
I went on and designed their logo with a slightly customized typeface and a unique icon as well as a monogram that I use across various prints.
The idea with the brand assets was, from the start, to obtain a clean looking logo and other usable assets that scale well for better responsiveness across all screens and that would help the client in getting their image right on social media and prints.
The green as main color for the brand and the handmade illustrations help giving more presence to the brand and labels.
This specific shade of green makes the brand easily recognizable and helps setting the brand apart from the competition, which was a necessary point for the brewery.
I designed a handful of badges and posters but also merch, as means to strengthen the personality of the brand and give it a visible philosophy that would go further than just the labels.
- Agency/Creative: Kalistostudio, Paul Blanchard
- Article Title: Family Owned Bogart Brewery Brand Identity Created by Kalistostudio
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: France
- Agency/Creative City: Kalistostudio
- Market Region: Europe, North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Poster Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: branding, brand identity, label design, craft beer design, craft brewery, packaging, beer label
Designer: Blanchard Paul