Continuing in their long-standing partnership with ethical coffee pioneers Cafédirect (who recently became the first UK coffee company to achieve B-Corp status) Family (and friends) have helped the brand to refresh their packaging and bring greater personality and differentiation across their Single Origins and Blends coffees.
In the last year, at-home coffee consumption has boomed as consumers are trying to emulate the out-of-home café experience. According to research from Kantar, grocery retailers in the UK sold £24m more tea and coffee in June 2020, compared with the same period in 2019.
But this isn’t just about stealing sales from the coffee shops – consumers are becoming more and more knowledgeable when it comes to coffee and knowing exactly what they want. At-home coffee products are becoming more diverse and sophisticated, indicating a real shift in the way coffee is perceived and consumed. Cafédirect needed to celebrate the key benefits across their range of products, whilst maintaining their stance as the UK’s most ethical coffee brand.
The aim of the Cafédirect refresh was to bring more distinct looks to their Single Origins and Blends range, in order to appeal to the coffee-educated shoppers who are motivated by taste, quality, provenance or simply that morning caffeine hit.
The bold, premium design has remained the same, showing that Cafédirect goes above and beyond the standard fairtrade credentials in everything they do, but more personality has been injected into each range through colour and pattern. Graphic elements bring excitement and dimension to the Blends range, while Single Origins celebrates the local flavour and provenance, bringing to life the warmth and sunny nature of the places where the coffee grows.
John Steel, Cafédirect CEO says “Working with Family and Friends has been an outstanding experience and we are extremely excited about the result”.
- Agency/Creative: Family (and friends)
- Article Title: Family (and friends) Packaging Design Refresh for Cafédirect, the Ethical Coffee Pioneers
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Research / Insight