Conviction Records is a social enterprise and record label dedicated to transforming lives affected by crime, addiction and violence. They identify and nurture musically talented offenders to restore dignity and purpose and challenge assumptions around ‘prisoners.’
Conviction Records is being launched with the support of American music supremo Eric McLellan, former right hand man to the legendary A&R mogul Seymour Stein whose signings include Talking Heads, The Smiths and Madonna. The label aims to offer an alternative to criminality and give people a range of transferable skills and opportunities.
As branding partner we were involved from the outset. Initially launching in Scotland with support from America we developed a brand identity and visual language that would sit next to any major international record label.
Establishing credibility and a sense of purpose was crucial. With the vinyl in the icon forming an initial C for ‘Conviction’ the identity becomes playful and memorable. This is balanced with a weighty authoritative extended sans serif. The colour palette and messaging strike a bold, measured tone with black and white being paired with bright orange (inspired by the US prison system uniforms) alongside softer lilac and brown shades.
- Agency/Creative: Everything Will Be Fine
- Article Title: Everything Will Be Fine Agency Create Brand Identity for Conviction Records
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Conviction Records, Glasgow, Record Label, Branding, Brand Identity, Logo Design