Eternal Bloom – A Gift Box for Every Year By Xon Xao Studio
Eternal Bloom was carried out in the last months of the year 2020 with the desire to honour the pure beauty of flowers and spread a cheerful spirit for a new year’s start. According to Vietnamese tradition, having a box of jam to serve to guests and flowers displayed around the house is indispensable in every Vietnamese family on spring days, and this is also the main idea for this Tet gift box. By using modern stylized pictures of blooming flowers and New Year’s greetings as the main motifs to design the gift box, we consider it a blessing of happiness and luck. In addition, this gift box also has a high value for health, inside the box are placed four types of nuts (cashew, maca, almonds and pistachios) that are completely natural and contain many nutrients. We collected them from the most reputable suppliers.
The material of the gift box is a gorgeous highlight; almost the entire structure of Eternal Bloom is made of clear mica, creating purity and clarity. We do not use printing techniques, all images or text on gift boxes are lasers engraved to create roughness. Besides, thanks to the transparency of the gift box, we easily see the ingredients inside the box, turning them into a decorative pattern. The gift box will be wrapped with a silk scarf to facilitate preservation and transportation, as well as avoid dust. In fact, Tet gift boxes are produced in a huge amount each year and are mainly made of paper, so they are unsustainable and every year, the amount of waste from those packaging is increasing. With mica and silk scarf, we wish that families with eternal bloom will preserve them and use them every spring.
The most special thing about Eternal Bloom is that we have removed all elements that evoke a specific year such as the image of 2021 or a buffalo, with the hope that after using this gift box to contain nuts to serve to the guests during Tet holiday, people will put it away and wait for the next year to reuse, just like a tradition. This is the core meaning of the name we give this gift box – Eternal Bloom.
- Design Agency: Xon Xao Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Eternal Bloom – A Gift Box for Every Year By Xon Xao Studio
- Brand / Project Name: Eternal Bloom
- External Design Credits: Creative Director & Graphic Designer Todd Huynh, Nu Nguyen; Producer Chau Nguyen; Photographer Chiron Duong
- Production Credits: Producer Chau Nguyen
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Brand Experience
- Location: Vietnam
- Market Country: Vietnam
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Confectionery, Snack Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Wrap
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Fabric, Plastic, Pulp Paper