Oentologie tells us about the personal journey, that of the winegrower in the first place and that of everyone. When we put the four pieces together, they build an allegorical altarpiece about the transition to a soul-based experience.
The labels symbolise particular ideas that the winegrower received from an entheogenic experience years ago and each one incorporates a theme that acts as an external projection of a particular internal truth of his, as an interface.
These pieces invite us to reflect on the possible relationships that human beings have with their environment. One by one, the labels build a journey of personal growth.
The Dissolution – Frankland River Shiraz: The disintegration of the illusion of separation between the ego and the universe, the ego death.The Alignment – Margaret River Chardonnay: All elements of the cosmos unified in harmony as part of one essence, one source.
The Illumination – Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon: Enter the cavern, pass through hell and fight the demons to discover one’s true self.The Middle Ground – Margaret River Riesling: The seek for balance, moving away from extremes, reaches enlightenment.
The challenge of this project was to translate extremely complex and profound philosophical concepts into graphics that also conveyed the right emotions through art direction.Each label invites you to delve deeper and deeper into the details and their meaning, taking you on a philosophical journey of self-discovery.
- Agency/Creative: Estudi JJ
- Article Title: Estudi JJ Create Oentologie Wine Labels
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Barcelona
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Art, Art Direction, Brand Identity, Concept Art, Creative Direction, Digital Art, Digital Painting, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Philosophy, Illustration, Oenology, Ontology, Lysergic, Dissolution, Buda, Spiritual, Hegel, Agriculture, Nature, Alignment, Illumination
Creative Director: Joan Josep Bertran
Graphic Designer: Marìa Oldecop
Illustrator: Marìa Oldecop
Photographer: Verònica Moragas