Empowerment to Change Lives
XtraOrdinary Women is a badass NGO that empowers Nicaraguan women at risk through skill training, psychosocial support, and job placement programs. However, they had a hard time communicating what, how and why they do what they do. That is where Madre came in.
For their 10th Anniversary, we developed a new brand strategy: new name, new visual brand identity, and communications guideline. The unpopular ‘Earth Education Project’ became the powerful XtraOrdinary Women. Taking the participants into account, the brand was conceived as bilingual. They were now able to pronounce the organization’s name: Mujeres XtraOrdinarias. Furthermore, they were now extraordinarily proud to be a part of the program!
In their 10 years of experience, XtraOrdinary Women has empowered more than 235 successful program graduates, positively changing more than 1,000 lives. Most of the women that participate in the program live in ‘La Chureca’, Central America’s biggest landfill, and before the program, they lived in extreme poverty and made their living out of collecting trash. However, with their original brand, they lacked engagement and recognition. We were able to excite institutional donors, make it cool to support for allies and most importantly, make it attractive and easy to understand for participants.
- Design Agency: Madre Consulting
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Empowerment to Change Lives
- Brand / Project Name: Xtraordinary Woman - Rebranding
- External Design Credits: Creative & Strategic Direction: Carlos Zúñiga. Project Management: Amanda Cuadra. Graphic Design: Andrea López, Carlos Zúñiga, Melina Rodríguez, Daniel Aragón. Graphic Design Coordination: Dainin Solís. Communications: Daniel Aragón, Paola Zúniga. Field Photography: Otto Mejía. Animations: Andrea López.
- Production Credits: Production & Photography for Case: Melina Rodríguez & Daniel Aragón.
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Service Brand Application: Apparel, Brand Guidelines, Direct Mail, Editorial, Email/Newsletter, Merchandising, Packaging, Presentation, Print Ad Campaign, Print Brochure, Print Promotion, Print Stationery, Social Media
- Location: Nicaragua
- Market Country: Nicaragua
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Keywords: organization, non-governmental, self-help, nongovernmental organization, volunteeer, ngos, nonprofit organization, voluntary sector, non-profit organization, activist, nonprofist, civil soicety, funded, charity, enpowerment, human rights, nongovernment, Nicaragua, non-profit, nonprofit, Education, family, enpowerment
- Industry Category: Non-Profit