ELVEA Brand Rejuvenation
Relifting & uniformising the Elvea mainstream tomato range by DesignRepublic without losing its original look & feel.
When asking people about the Elvea brand, most people spontaneously refer to “the blue packaging with yellow”. The brand’s color is engraved in people’s mind. Baring this heritage in mind, we worked on making the packaging more appealing, easier to navigate throughout the wide range, clarified a clear communication hierarchy on the packaging and last but not least, we made sure that the packaging and branding stands out in the shelves.
We made the packaging design more appealing by using a modern typography accompanied with a handwritten font, if additional product information is necessary, or to highlight specific information. We clarified an uniform communication hierarchy for all the packaging (1.brand / 2. sub-range / 3.flavour) and a clear color coding. This resulted in an easier navigation for the customer and also more shelf impact thanks to putting the logo much bigger than it was before.
The redesign was a big success for Elvea, which marked its position as the leading tomato brand in Belgium.
- Design Agency: DesignRepublic
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: ELVEA Brand Rejuvenation
- Brand / Project Name: ELVEA mainstream tomato range
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Retail Brand Design, Rebranding
- Location: Belgium
- Market Country: Belgium
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box, Can, Tube
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper