Relifting & uniformising the Elvea mainstream tomato range by DesignRepublic without losing its original look & feel.
When asking people about the Elvea brand, most people spontaneously refer to “the blue packaging with yellow”. The brand’s color is engraved in people’s mind. Baring this heritage in mind, we worked on making the packaging more appealing, easier to navigate throughout the wide range, clarified a clear communication hierarchy on the packaging and last but not least, we made sure that the packaging and branding stands out in the shelves.
We made the packaging design more appealing by using a modern typography accompanied with a handwritten font, if additional product information is necessary, or to highlight specific information. We clarified an uniform communication hierarchy for all the packaging (1.brand / 2. sub-range / 3.flavour) and a clear color coding. This resulted in an easier navigation for the customer and also more shelf impact thanks to putting the logo much bigger than it was before.
The redesign was a big success for Elvea, which marked its position as the leading tomato brand in Belgium.
- Agency/Creative: DesignRepublic
- Article Title: ELVEA Brand Rejuvenation
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Belgium
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Branding, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Rebranding, Retail Brand Design
- Format: Bottle, Box, Can, Tube
- Substrate: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper