REM was established in Cairo in 1889, providing sesame-based products. It is the absolute market leader in Halawa, and Tehina categories. The brand has always stood for heritage, credibility and good quality. REM is an umbrella brand under which many consumer products are manufactured. It is a consumer-driven company, which tries to understand and satisfy the needs of the consumers.
Halawa Bar consumption occasions
Halawa is considered to be the fuel of the day and is largely consumed during breakfast. Mothers give great importance to their kids’ breakfast and it should include Halawa.
Halawa is consumed as:
– Breakfast: A key breakfast for Egyptian households, healthy energy provider to start the day.
– Snack: Halawa is consumed as a snack mainly OOH on long days.
– Before workout: Halawa is perceived as a rich source of nutrition before work-out.
– Energy booster: while studying.
– Dinner: self-reward after a long day.
Marketing Objectives: Enhance brand image, using the sachet as a medium to deliver a daily message to the consumer reflecting the brand attributes and positioning.
Keywords: Interactive, Modern, Attention grabber and enhances user’s experience.
We tried to apply a more interactive packaging design that interacts with the consumers to highlight the USPs of REM Halawa Bar as an energy booster, giving it a modern colorful look with artistic illustrations to grab the consumer’s attention and pick the suitable Halava bar that suits his/her mood or action.
The colour scheme is extracted from the main brand identity along with complementary colors that attract the attention on shelves.
- Agency/Creative: Squad Agency
- Article Title: El-Rashidi El Mizan Halava Snack Bar
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Egypt
- Agency/Creative City: Giza
- Market Region: Africa, Asia, Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Sachet
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage, Retail
- Keywords: Packaging, Art direction, Branding, Snacks, confectionery
Creative Director: Akram Elhussieny
Illustrator: Yousef Amr