Egmont Honey is a family-owned bee keeping business in South Taranaki, aptly named after the majestic mountain that towers above the entire region.
The company wanted to introduce everyday honey for the modern shopper with packaging that would stand out on shelf, appeal to all New Zealanders and importantly, look as good as it tasted.
Our concept was simple: to visually represent native New Zealand in a fun, yet contemporary way. We worked with the extremely talented illustrator, Greg Straight, to create a custom illustration for the label and bring this concept to life.
Since the launch, Egmont Honey sales have been on the up – a sweet as example of good design that sells.
- Agency/Creative: Studio 1984
- Article Title: Egmont Pure New Zealand Honey
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: New Zealand
- Agency/Creative City: Auckland
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Format: Jar
- Substrate: Glass Jar
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: WBDS Awards, Agency
Design Director: Barry Wylie
Illustration: Greg Straight
Photography: Erica Boyd-White
Sales & Marketing: Will Gordon & James Annabell