Eat your BigMac at Home in Style, Designed Concept by Delatour Design Paris
Imagine a whole new user experience… and I’m not talking about an app. But rather about the way you will eat your BigMac at home, alone or with your friends before going to party. When The Marketing Store France came to me, they needed something fresh and new to replace the Coca-Cola glass long time over seen BigMac gift of their main client McDonald’s. Of course we proposed them great tableware ceramics designs as they asked, but my top favorite project was this one : not a Macdonal’s tableware, but a silicone overpack ! No more cardboard or stains directly on the table, no plates that you put your fries and burgers in to make your table look less messy, but silicone shells where you can place your BigMac, fries, sunday and drink without even taking them out of their original packaging. Of course they are branded, resusable, washable and additionally pretty stylish. We even added a spot to pour the Ketchup for the fries. They loved it! Unfortunatelly, after some customer tests, it was decided that the market wasn’t ready for it yet. Now I look back and think that a bio rubber material would be an even better option… What do you guys think ? Would you like to get those overpacks for free instead of a Coca-Cola glass? – Jimmy Delatour, founder of Delatour Design Paris.
- Design Agency: Delatour Design Paris
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Eat your BigMac at Home in Style, Designed Concept by Delatour Design Paris
- Brand / Project Name: McDonald's / silicone overpack
- External Design Credits: Creative director / designer : Jimmy Delatour. Marketing agency : The marketing Store - France.
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Brand Experience, Industrial Design
- Location: France
- Market Country: France
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fast Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bowl, Box, Case, Cup, shell
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Ceramic, silicone / bio rubber