A set of lyrics bottles inspired by 60’s psychedelic rock songs and their references to Alice’s drug-induced trip in Wonderland. Abstracted symbols and pops of psychedelic colours represent the key themes within each song- involving pills, sunshine, diamonds, bricks and dreams. The use of warped lines and type symbolises the electronic vibrations in psychedelic rock and the mind-altering experiences of psychedelics.
Inspired by the ‘Drink Me’ bottles from Alice in Wonderland, the bottles take on a miniature size and feature a tag that invites the viewers to open the bottles and see what’s inside. The lyrics within have been typeset on playful curves to reference the surreal experiences of psychedelics.
I have chosen to use a wooden box to contain the bottles in order to give a vintage and retro feel, as the songs come out of the Hippie movement of the 60’s. A pamphlet is included inside the box which details the cultural importance of each band alongside their accompanying symbols.
- Agency/Creative: Erica Lee
- Article Title: Drink These Rockin’ Lyrics
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Box, Tag
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Glass Jar, Wood