Dough Dealer Gets Bold and Fun Visual Identity by Borondo
Dough Dealer is an American bakery focused on kits with the ingredients you need to make your own bread at home. The goal of this project was to create a simple but playful visual identity for the brand, and the solution was born from the name itself: Dough Dealer. The whole identity was created around a mix between The Outlaw and The Innocent archetypes, where the first one would be personified by a “shady” but fun dealer, an outlaw behind his speakeasy-like security door where you can only see his eyes through a peephole; and the second would come as a very friendly brand toolkit (illustration styles, colour palette and typefaces). The result is a very playful identity where the dealer character sets a taboo-defying tone for a bakery, but manages to provide an emotional connection through simple but clear facial expressions.
- Design Agency: Borondo.
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Dough Dealer Gets Bold and Fun Visual Identity by Borondo
- Brand / Project Name: Dough Dealer
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Juan Jose Montes
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Merchandising, Packaging
- Location: Colombia
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Bakery
- Project Keywords: Dough, Dealer, bread, bakery, outlaw, brand, branding, visual identity, illustration, character, graphic design, design, logo
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage