The Laboratory of Cultural Studies and Digital Humanities (LETCEHN) is the first laboratory to be established in the Department of Information Sciences, Communication and Library Science at the University of Batna 1 since the opening of the specialty of media and communication in 2004 at the University itself, its project was coordinated in November 2020 and ratified at the 23 of May 2021.
Visual identity for L.E.T.C.E.H.N,
Research is needed to achieve the following objectives:
– familiarization with cultural studies based on studies of communication, media theory and digital media in order to gain access to a variety of approaches, theories and concepts involved in drawing Algerian culture in the digital age;
– Stimulate academic scientific research in cultural studies and digital humanities.
– Understanding the full range of the arts, beliefs and institutions of Algerian society, both traditional and new communication;
– A “political” reading of the structures of power that influence the production of meaning, define it in Algerian culture and harness the effectiveness of others (including digital machines and media) for their ends;
– Dissecting the relationship of individual and societal transformations with communication in the digital age to bring the reality of digital humanities going beyond the curriculum to the subject;
– Contributing to the preservation of the cultural specificity of Algerian society by exposing cultural and digital inclusiveness by focusing on the centre of Algerian historical, cultural, religious, linguistic and cultural presence in digital spaces, impeding dispossession, neutralizing the authority of the single centre and advocating its replacement;
– Encourage professors to engage in qualitative scientific research and production based on the digital curriculum, as the informant adopts the interpretive pradigm in the first place;
To enhance the value of scientific research among students in information and communication sciences and to involve them in the understanding of communication studies from a theoretical and practical perspective of cultural analysis, focusing on the political dynamics of contemporary Algerian culture;
– To reveal the most important ways of developing and modernizing curricula in Algerian university research in cultural studies and digital humanities;
– Strive towards the establishment of a comprehensive pradegham of the new synthesis (cultural studies, digital humanities) that is now being imposed by daily human reality;
– Coordination among different partners in the thinking process in order to define scientific research paths during the twenty-first century.
An inclusive and flexible logo that reflects the Laboratory domains.
The difficulty was to find projects similar to our project for inspiration and take ideas.
For example, in behance there is a little project and brand identities about digital humanities.
We tried to design a logo which can shortcut the directions and the specialties of the laboratory as it’s name, we tried to merge the digitalization, humanities, communication, & culture to approximate the meaning of logo for audience, as it is the first laboratory in Algeria.
We used the Golden ratio to design a stable and modern logo.
Within its graphic guidelines, the L.E.T.C.E.H.N has a vast colorimetric palette. This wide range of shades aims to illustrate the diversity and multiplicity of its facets. In practice, this palette allows a great adaptability to the various supports and a harmony with the chromy of the various iconographies.
- Agency/Creative: bobismailGD
- Article Title: Digital Humanities Laboratory Branding
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Algeria
- Agency/Creative City: Algiers
- Market Region: Africa
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Identity
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: laboratory digital humanities culture
GRAPHIC DESIGNER ARTIST: BOUBAKEUR ISMAIL