Detective Fiction Lovers Club Design Student Concept by Julia Seleznyova
Concept design for the ZIPDOC Detective Fiction Lovers Club identity. This is a space dedicated to the Detective fiction. The club specializes in detective fiction-related topics in an entertainment format. The club has a movie theater, library and cafe. The club conducts thematic quizzes, educational lectures, discussions of plots, theories and motives of the main characters of books and movies. Events are held both for children and for older audiences.
The main purpose was to create a Detective Club identity, avoiding the stereotypes prevalent in detective, investigation and crime topics; to find a recognizable but not hackneyed image.
ZIPDOC naming comes from the forensic terms Ziplock and Document. The identity is based on the image of a ruler for measuring evidence. This ruler combines many graphic elements that are driven by pragmatic purposes. Since the purpose of the detective is investigation, the entire identity embodies this ruler, that is, a tool that helps in revealing the truth. The diversity of elements gives freedom in their use; there is a minimal number of rulers on cups, while on the poster there are several in each module. This solution allows elements of identity look different while remaining in the same style. Also, a single solution for all elements was the use of yellow plates intended for numbering evidence. For example when a yellow number is placed on a t-shirt, it becomes an evidence. Also there are stickers available, such as the ones on the personal cups, they become a kind of interactive element that allows to make almost anything a souvenir products. The color scheme is black and white. Yellow is the only bright color; it is highlighted in the system. The layout of the typographic media is assumed to be modular, since the graphics are geometric, and detective and investigation genre involves structured logic and deduction, the grid helps to emphasize this. Some products are provided in an individual ziplock. This continues to associate everything with the clues and allows one to be drawn into the spirit of investigation.
The result is a structured identity that lures to play detective through elements of identity and makes one feel like a detective even before getting acquainted with the stories and characters.
- Design Agency: Julia Seleznyova
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Detective Fiction Lovers Club Design Student Concept by Julia Seleznyova
- Brand / Project Name: ZIPDOC
- External Design Credits: Tutor: Evgeny Kashirin
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising
- Service Brand Application: Apparel, Email/Newsletter, Merchandising, Outdoor Media, Print Ad Campaign, Print Advertising, Print Brochure, Print Promotion, Print Stationery, Social Media, Digital Advertising
- Location: Russia
- Market Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: Detective Fiction, Identity, Club