This is a product using sea bream, which is a symbol of celebration in Japan. Since sea breams have high demand for celebratory occasions, a sense of luxury in the design was pursued.
The design expressing “the splash made by the sea bream” “The Sea of Setouchi” and “a swimming sea bream” was made with a unique Japanese ink painting technique, using only black ink.
The shape of the package is characterized by the curved form on the sides and the sharp pointing form at the top, luring people to take it in their hand. In addition, ancient Japanese packaging methods were applied, such as how to tie strings and layer paper.
- Agency/Creative: Grand Deluxe
- Article Title: Designed by Grand Deluxe with a unique Japanese ink painting technique
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Japan
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Structural Design
- Format: Box, Case, Wrap
- Substrate: Pulp Paper