Designed by Grand Deluxe with a unique Japanese ink painting technique
This is a product using sea bream, which is a symbol of celebration in Japan. Since sea breams have high demand for celebratory occasions, a sense of luxury in the design was pursued.
The design expressing “the splash made by the sea bream” “The Sea of Setouchi” and “a swimming sea bream” was made with a unique Japanese ink painting technique, using only black ink.
The shape of the package is characterized by the curved form on the sides and the sharp pointing form at the top, luring people to take it in their hand. In addition, ancient Japanese packaging methods were applied, such as how to tie strings and layer paper.
- Design Agency: Grand Deluxe
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Designed by Grand Deluxe with a unique Japanese ink painting technique
- Brand / Project Name: QUEEN MADE
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Koji Matsumoto, Art Director: Koji Matsumoto, Graphic Designer: Koji Matsumoto, Illustrator: Aya Matsumoto
- Production Credits: Grand Deluxe
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Structural Design, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Japan
- Market Country: Japan
- Market Region: Asia
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Case, Wrap
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper