Designate Help Clean Energy Finance Corporation Take a Leap forward
On behalf of the Australian Federal Government, the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) is tasked with supporting Australia’s transition into a clean energy future, through investment in clean tech, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, property, transport and waste.
Until recently the CEFC brand had been a functional tool, used primarily to package communications of a transactional nature. The visual identity did little to communicate their purpose, or position CEFC as a progressive enterprise that believes in value beyond return on investment.
The necessity to explain technical innovations, with the lack of a synonymous icon or infographic style, had given rise to a reliance on an ever-growing and disparate set of icons, charts, infographics and diagrams, creating an incoherent visual identity.
The project started with a series of facilitated brand audit workhops, these highlighted critical gaps in the existing CEFC brand. From these insights, we explored common themes and opportunities, presenting a strategic direction for the repositioning of the CEFC which formed a blueprint for the new direction of the brand.
The refreshed brand positions the CEFC at the centre of innovation.
Visually, it is a significant departure from the original, switching to a vibrant green colour palette, inspired by the Australian landscape and fauna. We also created a dynamic ‘halo’ device encapsulating the logotype, to represent the organisation’s purpose and make it an integral part of their brand story.
Designate created a comprehensive design system, including templates and brand guidelines, alongside bespoke icons, photography and illustration styles.
- Design Agency: Designate
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Designate Help Clean Energy Finance Corporation Take a Leap forward
- Brand / Project Name: CEFC rebrand
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Gareth Procter Strategy Director: Pablo Ostolaza Designers: Emil Makaar, Scott McNamara, Hayden Mattiske, Indigo Phillip, Chantelle Lau
- Project Type:
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Rebranding, Identity System, Brand Guidelines, Illustration, Brand Experience
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Email/Newsletter, Print Annual Report, Publications, Signage
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Keywords: Brand strategy, Brand identity, Clean energy, Australia
- Industry Category: Financial