Design By Emma Creates Electric Scooter Brand Identity for Belfast City
This was a hypothetical brief to create an electric scooter brand for the city of Belfast. When creating the name and logo, it was my intention to create a short memorable name with relevance to the branding. The name I created, ‘Switch,’ reflects the growing infrastructure that is changing within Belfast, and how electric scooters will have an impact on the daily routine of commuters and tourists, switching up their traditional forms of transport. The name is also neutral so has potential to grow into a chain, prevailing other cities in Europe.
The deliverables for the brief was to create an engaging name and logo, and present that through an identity suite, with exciting branding and advertising. The primary colour is a vibrant green highlighting the eco-friendly aspect of electric scooters. The logo is very simplistic using the font museo sans, but has personality through the lightening bolt as the I, this also doubles up as the icon, where the ‘I’ becomes a person riding an electric scooter. I feel this is the strongest aspect of the brand.
The aim of Switch is to provide a more efficient, eco-friendly form of transport around the congested city of Belfast. The electric scooter brand will appeal to a younger audience travelling a short distance within the city to university or work. Switch offers a fun, convenient alternative to your journey allowing you to explore all the cultural aspects that Belfast has to offer.
The brand of Switch is young, modern, empathetic and relatable, which will be promoted through all advertising streams. The primary marketing strategy will be exterior advertising such as billboards and posters to appeal to commuters in the hope that this will prompt them to take a new approach to travel. Furthermore, having striking online visuals will be the key to switchs success. The tag-lines, ‘switch up your ride,’ ‘switch up your style,’ and, ‘switch up your commute,’ are memorable and also a key strategy for the advertising.
- Design Agency: Design By Emma
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Design By Emma Creates Electric Scooter Brand Identity for Belfast City
- Brand / Project Name: Electric Scooter Branding
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Print Ad Campaign, Signage, Digital Advertising
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: E-scooter, Belfast, Identity, Graphic Design, Logo design