Monarch vs. their past.
Once the market leader providing design and manufacturing solutions for urban shelters and furniture, Lucid Management Group (LMG) took their foot off the gas and began to coast by lacking innovation and adequate customer care.
Tale of the tape.
After new owners acquired the brand, Lucid Management Group (LMG) had the ambition of again regaining the role of a market leader. To signal this change with current and lapsed customers and to attract a new customer base, LMG needed a complete top to bottom brand overhaul. Our brand strategy, Dependable by Design, became the foundation for their unique brand narrative, capturing the reliability of their skilled employees and the reliability of their products.
And so out of the ashes of LMG, Monarch was born, a name that equals the sophistication and resiliency of the brand’s products. The new name pays tribute to one of British Columbia’s tallest and most majestic mountains, celebrating its Pacific Northwest Canadian roots. Urban street signs, wayfinding and aesthetics inspired Monarch’s new brand identity and provided a refreshing and unique platform. We broke away from category conventions by photographing Monarch’s products in-situ, showing the actual people who benefit from them daily and shot in black and white, further connecting the brand to its urban heritage. A new website, sales materials, uniforms, and vehicle livery helped transition Monarch from a meaningless acronym to a badge of honour.
- Agency/Creative: Full Punch
- Article Title: Dependable by Design Branding Created by Full Punch
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Vancouver
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Design, Logo Design, Photography, User Experience, User Interaction, Web Design
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Keywords: structures, transit shelter, transit, urban, website, jacket, toque, beanie, stationery, business card, catalog, booklet, tape, box, branding, brand identity, naming, strategy, design
Partner, Head of Creative: Chris Zawada