Where is El Más Allá ? Exists ? A mezcal that invites us to question ourselves, to reflect and to commemorate life.
A mezcal from the south that, due to its notes, makes us think that it comes from “another side” of a non-existent place.
Mezcal from beyond speaks of transcendence, of the material world that we do not know.
The creation of the graphic identity arises from the inspiration in the pre-Hispanic deities and their worldview related to the purposes
A dichotomy between life and death.
Del Más Allá / Mezcal with flavors from southern Mexico.
Its elaboration must comply with at least the following four stages and equipment:
a) Cooking: Cooking maguey or agave heads in well or elevated masonry ovens.
b) Grinding: With mallet, bakery, Chilean or Egyptian mill, trapiche or harrowing.
c) Fermentation: Hollows in stone, soil or trunk, masonry pools, wooden or clay containers, animal skins, whose process may include maguey or agave fiber (bagasse).
d) Distillation: With direct fire in copper boiler stills or clay pot and clay, wood, copper or stainless steel pot; whose process can include the fiber of the maguey or agave (bagasse).
The state of Oaxaca, in the south of the Mexican territory, was and continues to be the center of Mezcal production since colonial times, where Hernán Cortés had his marquisate. The Spanish and the Creoles controlled the production, since they were the only ones who knew the distillation process, but the indigenous quickly learned the clandestine production of mezcal. This liquor has been not only a typical drink in Mexico, but also a great stimulant among the indigenous population. Like any food or drink, mezcal expresses one of the cultural characteristics of its people, it is mandatory to share it in a variety of celebrations. It is a drink of ceremonies and rituals used in the past for massages and cures as well as to bless the corn harvest.
- Agency/Creative: Hi! estudio
- Article Title: Del Más Allá Mezcal By Hi! Estudio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Agency/Creative City: tepatitlan
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: 3D Art, 3D Design, 3D Modelling, Architecture Concept, Art, Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Mezcal, Hi Estudio, Packaging, Tequila, Agave, Spirits, Hi, Hi Studio, Tepatitlan, Diseño Tepeño, Mexican Design, Mexico, Hi, Alcohol, Premium, Premium Packaging, Liquor, Mexican Design, Mexican, Tequila, Tequila Premium,
Designer: Hi Estudio Multidisciplinario