With a successful history in the restaurant business, a rich Indian heritage, and proud northern roots, Dawat is on a mission to bring people together to cook and enjoy authentic Indian food, with their new premium cook at home, fresh ingredient meal kits, delivered direct to your door.
Looking for a fresh perspective on a stale category, the brief was to create a joyous identity and end-to-end customer experience, sharing their wealth of knowledge through cook-a-long videos and handy chef tips, so the nation can learn to cook fresh Indian feasts at home.
The Dawat wordmark stands tall and proud, subtly crafted to add an Indian flair. The central and open stance of the ‘W’ kicks off the joyful and optimistic vibe of the identity.
Our proposition, ‘good times over food’ cements a human-centric approach into the heart of the brand. Building on the name Dawat, meaning “a feast to celebrate any joyous occasion”. The strap-line “curry & company” spells it out in Dawat’s northern straight-talking and tongue-in-cheek manner.
The warmth in the photography style lends itself perfectly to the food, emphasising the rich and vibrant tones of the dishes. All the while reflecting the nostalgic side of ‘good times over food’.
Personal touches such as feast invites add an old-school touch to an otherwise modern business model.
Dawat invested heavily in chef cook-along videos to support the printed recipe cards, so you can easily hone your curry skills at home.
- Agency/Creative: OurCreative.
- Article Title: Dawat – A New Delivery Meal Kit Brand with Heart and Soul
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Leeds
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Advertising Photography, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Food Photography, Food Styling, Photography, Typography, Web Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Brand Identity, Tone of voice, Brand Creation
Creative Director: Jon Dignam
Senior Designer: Alex Phipps
Client Service Director: Sara Pollard