David Byerlee Design Creates Label Design for Kaleidoscope Wines
Kaleidoscope is a new Australian wine brand created for Pinnacle Drinks (Woolworths Group) with immediate distribution throughout large liquor chains in Australia. The brief was to introduce a disruptive wine package with a unique aestetic appeal on the market – alluring the buyer via an eye-catching label on bottle shop shelves. Kaleidoscope will act as a shape-shifting product; offering different wines from different regions. Unbound by a singular home, its forever explorative and unshackled.
The branding draws its inspiration from elegant perfume bottle designs and their entriguing light refractions; creating a sense of high-end appeal for the explorative customer. The label is sleek and contemporary; featuring a large hit of foil, embossed with a ‘kaleidoscopic’ pattern, which comes to life when viewed from all angles.
The Kaleidoscope wine range begins with two tiers of equally innovative, modern Chardonnay from the cool climate region of Tumbarumba in New South Wales, Australia. Retailing at $25 and $35 (AUD), each tier has an assigned foil colour for easy distinguishing.
With a confident and lingering design, Kaleidoscope jumps head-first into the competitive wine market, evoking a sense of trust and nostalgia to entice buyers – rather than relying upon years of traditional market growth and brand awareness.
- Design Agency: David Byerlee Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: David Byerlee Design Creates Label Design for Kaleidoscope Wines
- Brand / Project Name: Kaleidoscope Wine Packaging Design
- Photographer: Mark Lobo
- Client: Pinnacle Drinks
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper