Creating excitement and owning the ritual
The iconic Arnott’s Tim Tam brand has always been a staple of the Australian grocery snacking aisle. The core range combined with the introduction of limited edition flavours and pack innovations has cemented the brand into the mind and hearts of consumers for over 50 years. However, increasing category pressure brought about by a wider repertoire of treating options for the shopper highlighted the importance of innovation and disruption to create new news for the brand. Campbell’s Arnott’s engaged The Edison Agency to create a new strategic solution for a seasonal limited release that showcased the ‘Tim Tam Slam’ ritual as a platform for ownable distinction and excitement.
The Edison Agency developed a unique design strategy that included naming, packaging and image creation designed to revive consumer engagement, capture the proposition in a compelling way and achieve maximum cut-through on the shelf by breaking aisle conventions. The solution ensured that the canvas of the pack delivered sensorial cues that delivered both appetite appeal and the playful sensorial appeal of the ‘Slam’ ritual, each product a heroic sensory feast of new Tim Tam flavours.
- Design Agency: The Edison Agency
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Creating excitement and owning the ritual
- Brand / Project Name: Arnott's Tim Tam Slams
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Snack Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Flow-Pack, Tray
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic