The creation of craft vodka in Russia is undoubtedly a responsible task, given the historical aspect and popularity of this drink. And it’s not less important to create a visual presentation for such a product. Therefore, when Gusev Brothers Distillery approached us with the task of creating a design for vodka aged in oak barrels called Гусь Важный (Important Goose), we took this project seriously, despite some lightheartedness of the trademark itself. This is how we developed the bottle and label design for a new Russian craft vodka.
The overall aesthetics of the packaging design for craft vodka Гусь Важный keeps a vintage style that refers to the original pre-revolutionary recipes and distillation experiments. From a visual point of view, this involves heavy use of vintage graphic elements reinforced with modern post-printing techniques and paper. A stylized illustration of a goose, on the other hand, complements the overall picture and acts as a direct reference to the brand name. Thus, the packaging of the product is more reminiscent of old covers and posters, which offers originality and makes it easier to attract the customer’s attention. The old-time aesthetic in this packaging design is employed to appeal both to older people who see vodka as a traditional drink, as well as modern young adults who prefer to explore original craft products and not mass-produced industrial drinks. This way the label covers a rather broad audience despite its somewhat playful and nonchalant character.
- Agency/Creative: 43oz
- Article Title: Craft Vodka Bottle and Label Design for Гусь Важный
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Moldova
- Agency/Creative City: Chisinau
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: 43oz, Design Studio, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Packaging, Vodka, Bottle Design, Label Design, Illustration, Vintage, Russian Vodka, Goose
Creative Director: Alex Kodimsky