Café que Late means “coffee that beat”” and the way how the baristas prepare their coffee every day with love and passion. This identity is a tribute to how we love coffee and how people enjoy tasting it. Under this narrative, the identity was built with freshly and cozy illustrations representing three different females chilling and drinking coffee. Their names are associated with three different coffee nationalities and properties. Their names are associated with three different coffee nationalities and properties. The graphic treatment takes an elegant serif font type with a soft palette, matching perfectly and elevating the brand tone of voice to high notes of sophistication and sensibility.
About the process, I’ve put the focus on feelings and the special atmosphere that coffee brings when is drinking using a warm palette, brown, beige, yellow, strawberry pink, and purple in a desaturated tone.
The logo construction was designed using a serif font in contrast with a sans serif font, matching perfectly with tradition and modern, minimal style. In another hand, the illustration work was taken the project with a delicate minimal style drawing yoga poses and a relaxed mood. Three females, three countries, and three kinds of coffee are the best way to create creative and inspirational aesthetics for a premium product.
The project is unofficial and it just looking to be a branding exercise to improve tools and creative skills. Develop a concept with a specific theme is an opportunity to explore thoughts and results.
- Agency/Creative: Ligero
- Article Title: Concept Identity and Packaging Design for Café que Late by Ligero
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Barcelona
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Tone of Voice, Drawing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Pouch
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: coffe. bakery. food. beverage. barcelona. identity. illustration. graphicdesign. packaging. logo. artdirection. naming. caffelate.
Graphic Designer & Art Director: Daniel Ligero