Born out of appreciation of the colorful flora & fauna, this product shares the deep flavors of a coffee liqueur. The challenge was to convey the quality & origin of the product with a more refined and at the same time more “vibrant” look. To achieve this, the creative studio worked on combining luxurious elements with a playful & colorful theme.
CreativeByDefinition strategically designed a brand identity & packaging that uses bright colors and organic shapes in custom illustrations to reconnect the customers with the product origins. Furthermore, the idea was to invite the customer to step inside these exotic lands. The inspiration was found in the beautiful flora & fauna from these areas. In addition, it was important to convey the brand position on protecting the natural world and create a sustainable quality product. Cardinal’s branding and packaging system feature design based on a holistic approach. The illustrations uses beautiful organic lines & graphical patterns. The typography system feels bold & playful. The color pallet mixes vibrant green and blue colors with tones of red inspired by the cardinal bird. Overall, there is a luxurious sentiment to Cardinal Coffee Liqueur’s packaging & brand identity. The glossy paper, the gold foil logo, and the dark background that contrasts with the bold colors create a refined approach. As a result, it feels like a beverage with strong character. The taste of the beverage reveals itself in small, detailed elements of the design.
- Agency/Creative: CreativeByDefinition
- Article Title: Coffee Liqueur Identity and Packaging Unveils Exotic Origin
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Romania
- Agency/Creative City: bucharest
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Illustration, Label Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: #packaging #branding #brandidentity #drinksdesign #beveragepackaging #liqueurbranding
creative director & senior designer: gabi chelsoi