Château de Beaugency Brand Identity Designed by Buckwild
The Château de Beaugency is located in the Loire region of France. It is a new digital art center that will open its doors to the public in the spring of 2021 in this exceptional architectural heritage.
On the program: screenings, exhibitions, workshops, virtual tours.The identity has been thought as a bridge between past and present, respecting the history of this castle. This is why a monogram was imposed to best represent and identify this new place. It has been treated in a contemporary way thanks to a typography designed especially for the occasion, the letter B is drawn thanks to the letter G and the symbol appears by itself. A crown is added to this monogram in order to create a seal as it existed at the time of the royal families. A second typography has been entirely designed, always in a Grotesk style in order to impose a contemporary brand and create a unique visual package.
To this is added a graphic language composed of many pictograms and illustrations playing between the numerical and heraldic codes using emblems and coats of arms used in the past. They will be present on the communication of the place but also on the signage.
Finally, the powerful and electric red color comes to encompass the whole graphic creation and give the visual identity a contemporary inking.
All this has been thought as a toolbox, each element can be used separately and can be adapted to the many demands and constraints of this project.
- Design Agency: Buckwild
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Château de Beaugency Brand Identity Designed by Buckwild
- Brand / Project Name: Château de Beaugency
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Editorial, Merchandising, Packaging, Presentation, Print Ad Campaign, Print Brochure, Print Promotion, Print Publication, Signage, Spatial Interior
- Location: France
- Market Country: France
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Identity
- Project Keywords: identity design typography graphism illustration branding medieval heraldic monogram