Maryland’s oldest winery, Boordy Vineyards, came to CF Napa Brand Design to refresh their Landmark Series wines – including both the core and reserve tiers. The Landmark Series wines are 100% estate grown on their multi-generational property and represent the optimum expressions of the vintage, terroir, and winemaking. The goal was to use these special wines, along with a fresh design, to attract the eye of new potential Boordy wine enthusiasts.
“Landmark wines are the finest representations of vintage year, the geography of our region, and the soul of our winemakers. Growing and making wine is our life, and we are proud to farm and produce these wines for you.”
The old Landmark Series packaging featured an image of the winery’s historic barns; CF Napa Brand Design updated this for the core tier – now dubbed the “Barns” series – by creating a contemporary, monoweight style illustration of the buildings. The new drawing emphasized the cupolas which have become an icon of the brand. The illustration was stamped in foil and color-coded to reflect the color of the wine.
For the reserve tier – newly named “Dry Bench Reserve” series – the label was given a more classic design to assert its hierarchical status as a more premium offering.
“The depth of expression found in Boordy Landmark wines is a reflection of the intimate knowledge of the climate and soil that we have gained over seven decades of farming in Maryland. “Dry Bench” refers to discrete bands of rocky, low-fertility ground in our vineyards that yield small crops of exceptional fruit which we reserve for our finest, most distinctive wines.”
CF Napa Brand Design commissioned an ethereal style illustration of the winery and surrounding vineyards to give the wine a sense of place. The drawing combined with the sophisticated script to create an elegant label with a European sensibility.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design
- Article Title: CF Napa Refreshes Maryland’s Oldest Winery – Boordy Vineyards
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Napa
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art, Art Direction, Beauty Photography, Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Icon Design, Identity System, Illustration, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, Product Photography, Rebranding, Retouching
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Metal, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: CF Napa Brand Design, Boordy Vineyards, Wine, Packaging, Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Branding, Maryland, USA
Design Agency: CF Napa Brand Design