CF Napa Launches Hawaii’s Largest Craft Brewery Into Spirits
Maui Brewing Co. came to CF Napa looking to launch into spirits and canned cocktails with their new distillery brand Kupu Spirits. The designs needed to encapsulate the feeling of the brand name, “kupu” which means “sprout, growth” in Hawaiian and is representative of the brewery’s new beginning in craft spirits. Equally important was the necessity to create packaging that was authentically Hawaiian.
The design was inspired by Hawaii’s historic kapa patterns and served as the main graphic for the brand while the wordmark evokes the look of vintage travel posters. The canned cocktails were given a palette of bright, refreshing colors as an ode to Kupu Spirits’ tropical roots and makes them perfect for beachside adventures.
- Design Agency: CF Napa Brand Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: CF Napa Launches Hawaii’s Largest Craft Brewery Into Spirits
- Brand / Project Name: Kupu Spirits
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal