Good Trouble came to CF Napa Brand Design to create the spirits packaging design and logo for their new ultra-premium bourbon brand. The bourbon’s target market was a demographic that doesn’t typically choose bourbon as their drink of choice. The Good Trouble brand would need to appeal to this new-to-bourbon demographic while also appealing to the traditional bourbon drinker. Inspired by the brand owner’s vision to spur social change through the brand, Good Trouble needed to honor those who bravely disrupt the status quo and the conversations that arise from this action. Good Trouble also walks the walk by donating to causes that inspire greater societal change—causes that make their own good trouble.
CF Napa Brand Design developed a reimagined Lady Liberty with her torch riding a charging bull as the main graphic of Good Trouble. She symbolizes freedom, optimism, and the taming of the beast of inequality. A GT monogram was designed to form an equality symbol and the tagline “A Spirited Conversation” was developed as the brand’s call to action. A metal coin with the logo was embedded in the T-top closure, encouraging the imbiber to transform a moment of conversation into a lasting movement.
From Good Trouble: Good Trouble Bourbon was inspired by the movements that stirred up good trouble to create real and lasting change.
Bourbon is America’s heritage spirit—the common language that has brought Americans of all different backgrounds together to find a way forward. In that storied tradition, Good Trouble Bourbon was created to instigate spirited conversations and bold action…one exquisite glass of bourbon and one brave conversation at a time.
Founder Dee M. Robinson collaborated with an 8th-generation Master Distiller to create an artisan bourbon worthy of its name, a remarkably refined spirit, crafted with only the finest, high-quality, winter rye, malted barley, and locally grown Kentucky corn. Enjoy this vibrant and complex bourbon, with subtle and lingering notes of dried fruit, warming spice and a smooth, long finish.
Good Trouble is crafted in the heart of Kentucky—bourbon’s homeland—at a historic distillery, DSP-KY-10, dating back to 1885.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design Agency
- Article Title: CF Napa Creates Good Trouble Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Napa, United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Drawing, Graphic Design, Icon Design, Illustration, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, Typography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Metal, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Good Trouble Bourbon Spirits Packaging Design
Design Agency: CF Napa Brand Design