Blue Ridge Spirits & Wine Marketing came to CF Napa Brand Design to develop the custom bottle, packaging and logo design for a new high-end French liqueur brand, soon to become a staple in every serious imbiber’s collection. This sophisticated liqueur created with a unique mixture of berries and flowers was named Fleur Charmante, French for “charming flower” – made to enjoy over ice or as an exciting addition to a favorite cocktail. The spirit packaging needed to capture the special floral qualities of the drink and look distinctive, dramatic and beautiful on a back bar without sacrificing the ease of use by a mixologist.
Inspired by the name of the brand, “charming flower”, CF Napa Brand Design created an elegant glass bottle with petaled facets reminiscent of a young flower bud. The thick base and slim profile gave the bottle a sturdy structure while allowing it to fit easily in the hands of a bartender or at-home mixologist. The curves in the glass gave the packaging a feminine flair that was echoed in the label – a shape inspired by vintage French boutique placard signs. The glass bottle was molded around the shape of the label, creating a presentation pedestal for the brand name. The embossing and gold details in the label and closure hinted to the quality of the premium spirit and contrasted the rich burgundy color of the spirit. Filigree details with subtle flowers framed the label, accented the closure and called back to the delicate floral notes in the liqueur artisanale. The strategic use of the French language and flag proudly declared the country of origin for this “maceration de fruits et essence de fleurs.” A hexagonal abstract flower symbol was drawn to personify the idea of the “charming flower” and to create an icon for the brand.
The label was extended to the design of the shipper as well. The entire placard was used as the design for the maroon-colored sides – a nod to the rich color of the liqueur.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design
- Article Title: CF Napa Creates Charming Liqueur Packaging for Fleur Charmante
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Napa, CA
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Icon Design, Identity System, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, Typography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: CF Napa Brand Design, Blue Ridge Spirits & Wine Marketing, Fleur Charmante, Liqueur, Packaging, Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Branding, France
Creative Director: David Schuemann
Art Director: Antonio Rivera
Designer: Antonio Rivera