CF Napa Brand Design Captures the Heart and History of the Driftless Region for La Crosse Distilling Co.
Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in western Wisconsin, La Crosse is at the heart of Wisconsin’s Driftless Region. During the last Ice Age, when the surrounding land was scraped flat by glaciers, this area remained untouched, creating a unique bioregion. La Crosse Distilling Co., La Crosse’s first distillery, was created to capture the heart and history of this region while producing handcrafted, organic field-to-glass spirits.
CF Napa designed both their distributed line of spirits that include a Vodka and Gin under the Fieldnotes name and an in-house line of experimental spirits. The Fieldnotes packaging leverages a design inspired by historic Farmer’s Almanac covers, with hand-drawn type and drawings of local flora that frame the label. The label has a historic engraving of a hummingbird, which is a nod to the pollinators so critical to organic farming. The in-house packaging has a custom bottle design inspired by the old milk bottles once used in Wisconsin. The blue label speaks to the water they used that is sourced locally from the region’s glacial aquifers.
- Design Agency: CF Napa Brand Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: CF Napa Brand Design Captures the Heart and History of the Driftless Region for La Crosse Distilling Co.
- Brand / Project Name: La Crosse Distilling Co.
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper, Wood