This project was developed for Grandes Vinos, a cellar based in Cariñena, a singular place in Spain known for its wines and very close to Zaragoza city.
The Corona de Aragón brand already existed, but with a different packaging. The marketing department of Grandes Vinos decided to change the naming to CDA, easier to say in any language, and that Corona de Aragón would be mentioned in a more discreet way. That is how I decided to translate this idea into the graphic brand CDA (Corona de Aragón).
The previous design looked more classic and obsolete both in typography and illustration. My job was to make a new design more updated, and for a much wider range of consumers, but capturing and reflecting the essence of the storytelling.
“Many were who claimed the Crown of Aragon, some of them succeeded, and a few specially stood out.”
With this premise we developed the rebranding of Corona de Aragón brand, with a completely new design focused on a modern and familiar consumer. The brand has different ranges depending on the kind of wine, and so the design is a little bit different to recognize every range.
The design is meant to be minimal and elegant, playing with a main color for each wine and telling the story in a simple glance.
Although the product talks about history and kings, the chosen fonts are san serif to make the design more modern, minimal and easy to read in the shelf, so we combine history and modernity at the same time.
The chosen paper is Manter Water Proof White, an elegant paper useful to all kind of products because of the resistance to wet and cold conditions.
The finishings on the design are embossing ink and gold foil.
- Agency/Creative: Magic Mirror Design
- Article Title: CDA Corona de Aragón by Magic Mirror Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Castellón de la Plana
- Market Region: Europe, Global
- Project Deliverables: Label Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: CDA, CDAdiseño, CDAvino, cdawine, coronadearagon, coronadearagonetiquetavino, coronadearagonvinos, etiquetacda, grandesvinos, CDAlabel
Photographer: Juanjo Goterris