Catoctin Breeze Vineyard Packaging Design By Lisa Gorham Creative
Seated along the rolling hills of Eastern Appalachia’s Catoctin Mountains, Catoctin Breeze is more than a vineyard. It’s an experience. This multi-award-winning vineyard has come to be known across the region for their wide range of varietal, blended, and honey wines. Not to mention their wonderful winery experience.
When Catoctin Breeze’s owners developed a concept for a new line of wine themed around their love of classical music, they turned to Lisa Gorham Creative for packaging design. They wanted a label series as creative and whimsical as the famous compositions themselves. Since each wine in the series would be named after a notable composition, this felt like the perfect opportunity to feature the composers in a whole new way. The likenesses of each: Swirling, whimsical, melodic illustrations created the old school way. For inspiration, each illustration was ‘composed’ while listening to each respective composition. This process allowed the movements and fluctuations of the music to guide the hand, and ultimately, create a unique piece of art.
The label’s design and typographic treatment is minimalistic and clean, with a touch of whimsy. allowing these works of art to be the stars of the show. Not to leave any detail unturned, we selected the perfect white linen label stock to further capture the essence of the series’ classic and musical nature. A total of twelve illustrations and labels were created for the Catoctin Breeze Vineyard Composer Series. Who says classical music can’t be sophisticated AND fun? Especially when you have amazing wine to get you in the spirit.
- Design Agency: Lisa Gorham Creative
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Catoctin Breeze Vineyard Packaging Design By Lisa Gorham Creative
- Brand / Project Name: Catoctin Breeze Vineyard Packaging Design
- Production Credits: Innovative Label Solutions, Printer
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Graphic Design
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper